Once you save a message, you will exit the editor and land on the Message options page. You can also return to this page by clicking on View details in your message catalog.
The Message options page allows you to...
- edit the message title and notes.
- preview it, scrolling vertically if needed.
- launch the editor to modify it.
- send a quick test to view it in your inbox (or to send it to another system).
- download its HTML and images, so you can then import it elsewhere.
Let's look at some of these features in more details.
Sending a test email
The Send a test email feature is not intended for sending a campaign. Instead, it allows you to send the message to yourself, colleagues, clients, etc. and view it in the inbox.
It also allows you to send it to another application. For example, you can...
- Send it to a Litmus or Email On Acid account to preview the email in dozens of inboxes and conduct other tests
- Send it to MailChimp using Email Beamer. See: Export an email to MailChimp for more.
- Send it to a Zapier and then from there to many other applications. Learn more.
Downloading your HTML
When you click on the "Download" button, BEE Pro creates a ZIP file that contains the HTML of the message and all of the images used in the design. You can take the ZIP file and import it into any email marketing application that has a ZIP import feature, like MailChimp, for instance.
If you unzip the *.zip file, you will notice that the images have been placed in an "images" folder, and the HTML is written so that the image links in it point to those "local" images.
Note that this means that if you copy and paste the HTML "as is" into another application, the images will not be shown because the HTML is looking for them in that local "images" folder.
To get around the problem: